- Sensitive data — We may collect limited sensitive data related to attendance at IMC events only as provided by you and with your consent, including passport information for visa and security processing, dietary restrictions, and disability accommodations information.
- We may work with third parties to operate the Conference, to provide services on our behalf, and/or to assist us in facilitating your participation in the Conference. These third parties are provided access to your personal data only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
- For individuals located in the European Union (EU) or participating in activities outside of the US that you have consented to, your personal information may be transferred to countries outside the EU, in particular to the United States. Some non-EU countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EU standards. The full list of these countries is available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en. For transfers from the EU to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place appropriate and suitable safeguards to protect your personal data and that the transfer of your personal data is in compliance with the requirements and the obligations provided by applicable data protection laws, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission as per Articles 45 and 46 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
Additionally, EU subjects may:
Obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal information exists and to be informed of its content and source, verify its accuracy and request its integration, update or amendment;
Request the deletion, anonymization, or restriction of the processing of your personal information, with the understanding that IMC may not be permitted to delete your information;
Object to the processing, in all cases, of your personal information for legitimate reasons; with the understanding that if you object to IMC’s use of your information during the Conference, you may not be able to participate fully in the Conference.
Receive an electronic copy of your personal information, if you would like to port your personal information to yourself or a different provider; or
Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority.
IMC reserves the right to disclose any of your personal data as required by law, a court order, or to a duly authorized investigative agency.
We do not support "Do Not Track" browser settings and do not currently participate in any Do Not Track frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal information.
California Residents Privacy Rights:
- o California law permits residents of California to opt-out of the IMC's disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by contacting the IMC Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes. California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third parties (if any) to whom we have disclosed personal information for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to email@example.com. The email subject line must include the phrase "Your California Privacy Rights," and include your name, email address or mailing address.
In addition, California residents have right to request disclosure of IMC's business' data collection and sales practices, including the categories of personal information IMC collected, the source of the information, IMC’s use of the information and, if the information was disclosed or sold to third parties, the categories of personal information disclosed or sold to third parties and the categories of third parties to whom such information was disclosed or sold; the right to request that personal information not be sold to third parties, if applicable; and the right not to be discriminated against because of exercising the new rights.
To exercise the above rights, which a California consumer may only exercise twice in a 12-month period, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. IMC will then seek to verify the requester’s identity, and IMC will respond within 45 days of receiving the personal information request.
IMC has collected personal information in the following categories over the past 12 months: identifiers (such as contact information provided at registration), username and password, internet/electronic activity, geolocation, and professional or employment related information (such as bank name and address, primary function at the bank, title, and phone number at registration).
IMC has collected personal information from sources including: the individual or designee submitting the information, a third party authorized to provide the information, or the business observing activities and recording the information. The business purposes for which IMC collects this information includes:
- Performing IMC services for members and customers;
- Quality control.
International Monetary Conference (IMC) Terms and Conditions
- Disclaimer: The IMC Conference and its content is provided AS IS and without warranty. Neither IMC nor its content providers, instructors, faculty, or speakers warrant or guarantee that the foregoing will satisfy the intended use by Registrant or make any representations about the suitability of the IMC Event or its content for the Registrant's requirements or about any content or information made accessible by the IMC Event for any purpose. IMC does not warrant, guarantee, or make any representations regarding the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose of the content contained within IMC Event. Reference therein to any specific product, process or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation or favoring by the IMC, unless explicitly expressed. IMC is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages or any kind arising out of the use, reference to or reliance on or performance of such content from the IMC Events.
- Non-Discrimination Policy. The IMC reaffirms its standing policy of non-discrimination in employment and in all programs and activities with respect to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation or political affiliation. In addition, the IMC Events are operated on the basic principle of respectful treatment for all persons and, accordingly, are firmly committed to ensuring a harassment-free, positive learning environment for all its participants.
- Registrant's Warranty. You warrant that your behavior and attendance at the IMC Event shall be professional and respectful, in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Conference, and shall not include any libelous, slanderous, or defamatory materials or statements or infringement of the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third person, business, or corporation, and you understand that IMC may address any violation of these terms and conditions in an appropriate manner. Except for authorized sponsors, exhibitors, instructors, speakers and faculty, you further warrant you will not post or distribute any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. During the IMC Event, you may choose to participate in an optional physical activity that may pose some inherent risk to person or property ("Activity") and acknowledge that you may need to execute additional releases or documents prior to participation. You warrant and represent that you understand and acknowledge the assumption that there is risk involved to your person, property, or to others by participating in such Activity. Therefore, you agree, on and on your behalf, your employer and its direct or indirect parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, successors, predecessors and assigns (the "Releasors"), to completely and irrevocably release and forever discharge IMC, and their direct or indirect parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, directors, officers, employees, representatives, attorneys, agents, successors, predecessors and assigns from all actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, or any action of similar nature whatsoever, in law or equity which Releasors ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have ever existed that is related to the Conference or Activity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the IMC harmless from all actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, or any action of similar nature whatsoever, in law or equity, which the Releasors ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have ever existed that is related to or arose from the Conference or Activity. You warrant and represent to IMC that you have not sold, transferred, assigned, mortgaged, or otherwise alienated any of the claims released herein related to the Conference or Activity; that no person other than the Releasors granting such release has an interest in any such claim; and that the Releasors granting such release has full power and authority to do so.
- Governing Law. This Agreement, and any disputes or disagreements concerning the IMC Conference and Events shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the District of Columbia, United States, without regard to its choice of law rules.